Guided Walks West Stow Country Park
November 25, 2021
West Stow Country Park
New to walking?
Like walking but not sure about finding your way?
Fancy some company
Why not join us and embrace a new way of experiencing the Brecks.
25th November, West Stow Country Park IP28 6HG – exploring the river Lark and Kings Forest, and watch out for King Fishers and Deer!
Our led walks are a great way for people of all ages and abilities to be active and improve their health.
We will guide you and introduce you to the area and its delights. The walks will be relaxed, friendly, and hopefully fun!
So why not embrace the fresh air, experience what is on your doorsteps, and enjoy the company of others.
Each Walk will start at 9:30 and finish at approximately 12:30 pm. The walks will be led at a steady pace, with at least two short stops, so come armed with a flask with a hot drink as we won’t necessarily be close to a coffee shop!
List of things to bring:
- You will need to bring a small rucksack with water and maybe a hot drink. Hat and Gloves if you are not wearing them! An extra top in case you get cold, a waterproof jacket
- You will need to wear suitable shoes or boots for walking. It could be wet so maybe waterproof shoes or boots would be good
- You may want to have a spare pair of shoes and a change of socks in the car for when you get back, just in case….
See below our full programme of walking events:
- 23rd December, Santa special from Brandon and heading out to Weeting to complete The History Trail Weeting. We will see Weeting castle and visit the Row! Festive dress is not compulsory but strongly encouraged as there may be spot prizes!
- 27th January, Pingo Trail, discover what a pingo is and learn about one of the countries rarest amphibians!
- 24th February, Starting at Knettishall Heath, hopefully, we will see the ponies go past the school where lady Diana went!
- 17th March, the starting point is Lynford Arboretum car park and our walk will take us where woolly mammoths once roamed, and where Dads Army was filmed!