Flower Trays for Mother's Day
March 12, 2023
AM: 10.30 – 12.30, & , PM 1.30 – 3.30
The Engine House, Brandon Country Park
Flower Trays for Mother’s Day
Join our family willow weaving workshop to create your very own basket tray. Perfect to give as a gift, or keep for yourself!
Make the most of the windblown branches and other natural materials to be found in the Spring season. Discover how to craft your very own ‘storm basket’ style tension tray. Made from willow and gathered sticks, these simple but satisfying items are a great way to learn weaving techniques.
This is a family friendly event, suitable for Ages 7 years+
Sunday 12th March
Times: The workshop will take place in the morning, and be repeated in the afternoon. Please book on to either the morning or the afternoon session:
AM workshop: 10.30am-12.30pm
PM workshop: 1.30pm-3.30pm
Book your tickets HERE
- Age: This event is suitable for ages 7 years+ (all children must be accompanied by an adult throughout the workshop)
- Cost: £5 per adult, children under 18 free of charge. (The cost of this event is heavily subsidised due to the support of the National Lottery Heritage Fund, who support the Brecks Fen Edge and Rivers Landscape partnership scheme to facilitate inclusive engagement opportunities. If the cost is a barrier to your participation, please contact: email@example.com)
- Because of limited spaces please book if you wish to attend. If you are no longer able to attend, please notify BFER: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: The Engine House, Brandon Country Park, Bury Rd, Brandon IP27 0SU
- Parking: Parking is available at the Orchard Car Park located a few minutes’ walk away from the Engine House (Orchard Car park: https://w3w.co/fairy.mainframe.station)
Parking is £3 for the day. Signage will be in place at the Orchard Car Park to direct you to the Engine House.
Disabled parking is available outside the Engine House. Please request access prior to the event if required via: email@example.com
- Terrain: Brandon Country Park has a variety of terrain. Please wear suitable footwear and clothing for the weather. The paths may be uneven in places. If your mobility is impaired, please let us know in advance so that we can arrange safe access.Facilities: Accessible toilet facilities are available at the Engine House. For further information about Brandon Country Park, including site maps, travel information, and café facilities, please visit: https://www.whatsonwestsuffolk.co.uk/parks/brandon-country-park/brandoncountryparkyourvisit.cfm
This event will be led by Jon Tyler, who is an experienced forager and bush-craft practitioner with a natural passion and enthusiasm for wildlife, wild food and outdoor living.